Tuesday, June 8, 2010

4,195

"The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord." Psalm 45:11

During my time with the kids at the Academy I became known for taking a lot of photos and then I would put together a slide show and show it to them at the end of each class. They loved it, whether their picture was in the slide show or not. On Caregiver day I took a picture of each child with their caregiver and made prints for the children and one for the caregiver as well, they were so excited! Once they knew I could have prints made, the requests came rolling in, so I made a deal - they could each have one print of their choosing - one I had already taken or one they would like for me to take. To my surprise most of them wanted a picture all by themselves, but then it made sense, they have some photos around but all of them are with friends, visitors or other staff. Do you remember the joy of getting your school photos, or the solo in your soccer uniform...? These kids have never experienced that, and for most of them this is the only photo they have of just themselves. My hope is that one day they will pull it out to show their children or grandchildren and be reminded of how far they have come in their walk with Christ!

4,195, that is the number of photos I have on my computer, the things we may take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment