Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Because of you HIV/AIDS

"Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted." Matthew 5:4

This was left behind by a young girl in one of my classes, I'm starting to realize that often they will leave notes and things behind because they actually want me to read them. I've typed it just as it was written:

I had it all

but it went down

the drain


I couldn’t breath

my eyes were full of tears

my heart was cold


My parents were taken

away from me

friends, anyone I cared for


Because of you I have nothing

but I want to let you know

I’m not afraid of you


Because of you HIV/AIDS

I’m strong

you have not destroyed me

and for that you will not bring me down


All you do is give me strength

to fight you so bring it on!!!

Pray for the millions of kids who could claim this as their own around the world.

1 comment: