Saturday, May 15, 2010

Just let yourself go Miss Heather

"Free yourself, like a gazelle from the hand of the hunter, like a bird from the snare of the fowler." Proverbs 6:5

Today was a busy day, it started with Mr. Courage knocking on my door at 7:30 to play, at which point I gladly welcomed Siya in to play a 10 round Jenga tournament! Next soccer (or futball) and then picking some oranges around the farm. Siya is Sisanda's son (CHE leader in Sweet Home) and I must say I have a soft spot for him that never ends, even at 7:30 in the morning!

This afternoon, the older girls came to my room and all of the sudden my room turned into "Salon Heather", I pulled out the nail polish and the next thing I knew they were doing my hair and had pulled out my make-up (which is not extensive)! Then they got a hold of my iTunes and turned the music up. Phola came and grabbed me to dance with her, once again I tried to explain my lack of dancing skills but to no avail. It was like Will Smith teaching Kevin James to dance in the movie Hitch... "Just let yourself go Miss Heather", as Phola said this I thought to myself "I've traveled across the world to let myself go and I still can't quite do it". Phola then said, "I just follow my heart... it's easy" Hmmm - once again I believe I've complicated things far too much!

Then I spent the rest of the afternoon with my discipleship girls, we spent some time in the Word together - but the nail polish (left out by the older girls) was calling their name, so I let them have at it.

Pray that this fun time with the girls will lead to conversations that glorify God and strengthen them (and myself) in their walk with Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment