Sunday, May 30, 2010

Long walk on a short beach

"But he said, "If they kept quiet, the stones would do it for them, shouting praise." Luke 19:40

It’s been a long week and I had a great desire to get out and get away today, but where to? I don’t know many places that would be a good escape and I longed for something familiar, something comfortable. I jumped in a car and started heading towards Cape Town maybe a movie at the Harbor or something? There are only a few roads that I know and when I hit a detour heading into Cape Town I was a little worried. But that detour brought me right to a charming little beach outside of Cape Town (Lagoon Beach). The beach, the ocean… the place I always go when I want to be near to my God, rejoice with Him or just cry out to Him. What a gift!

So today, I took a long walk on a short beach, walking up and down several times reflecting about my time so far and wondering how God will use the time I’ve dedicated to this journey. No answers, just a comfortable, familiar afternoon with my Heavenly Father in the heart of His amazing creation… walking down the beach with Table Mountain towering over the harbor, it was a beautiful sight to behold and I even found a piece of sea glass.

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea - whether it is to sail or to watch it - we are going back from whence we came." John F. Kennedy

Click Here for Pictures

Pray for: God ordained moments with each kid before I leave & strength for the journey ahead (finish well at Bridges & mission to Tanzania)

My prayer for you: That you would have a sweet moment with your Heavenly Father today.

No comments:

Post a Comment